"Books are a uniquely portable magic." ~Stephen King

"Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book." ~Author Unknown

"In between the lines there's a lot of obscurity. I'm not inclined to resign to
maturity." ~The Friendly Indians



Monday, March 1, 2010

Don't Be A "Just" Person

The title of this post was inspired by the movie/book Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium. People always ask me what a “just” person is. A “just” person is someone who sees things as they really are. “It’s just a tree,” “It’s just a toy,” “It’s just a book.” All things, at least for me, are not “just” anything, there is always something more.

A book is a perfect example of not being a “just” thing. It’s an escape. A book can take you anywhere in the world. I’ve been to France, Greece, Oregon, and San Francisco. A book can turn you into whoever you want to be. I’ve been a soccer player, an artist, a ballerina, and, of course, a rock star. When I’m reading a book, I’m not longer in a “just” place. I’m exploring to see what things really are.

Does anybody have a special book that takes them out of this “just” world? I’d love to hear about it!
Rock...I mean Read On!!

Mrs. T...hompson

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with fully i'm not a just person either.I love Mr. Magoriums way of life. Caiti apple

Anonymous said...

yo Mrs. T remember me Casey dougherty i miss your class so much and i fogot that word you done did made up
-Casey dougherty and unfortunatley Josh Livesay

princess* said...

yeaa thats so true ive done that b4 like gottinn in a book so muchh that i thinkk im tha characterr or i just get so into it i forgett where im at or wat im doinn!!!(:

ps~its so funnyy whenn we have 2 go afterr ssr && im so into it i dont go anyywhere untill sumebodyy yells at me 2 stopp(lol)!!:D

~diana<3

jordan!! said...

my book that takes me out is this "just" word is twilight!! it is super super amazing!!!


~jordan!!

Unknown said...

ummmm, all the Cirque Du Freak books. i bought the third one, finally. I'll let you read it sometime

Emolaylay said...

*sigh* we all DO love to escape :) and youre not JUST a girl! *points to someone* that's right! you there! holding the sandwich! everything is worth value :)
~Emolaylay

Emolaylay☼♥ said...

And my book that helps me escape is probably... Girls Dinner Club! It's about girls who, well, form a dinner club! Haha
~Emolaylay

Anonymous said...

Smothing up stars