"Books are a uniquely portable magic." ~Stephen King

"Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book." ~Author Unknown

"In between the lines there's a lot of obscurity. I'm not inclined to resign to
maturity." ~The Friendly Indians



Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging

I am *LOVING* this book. For those of you who are in my home base, you probably heard me giggling all through SSR. Yes, this book is that funny!! This book is the first in a series about the confessions of Georgia Nicolson, and it’s written by Louise Rennison. Just to give you a preview here’s what’s on the first page. Now, remember, I’m not plagiarizing because I’m giving the author full credit and I am not claiming that any of this is my idea. Understand?
There are
Six Things
Very wrong with my life:
(1)
I have one of those under the skin spots that will never come to a head but lurk in a red way for the next two years.
(2)
It’s on my nose.
(3)
I have a three year old sister who may have peed in my room.
(4)
In fourteens days the summer hols will be over and then it will be back to Stalag 14 and Oberfuhrer Frau Simpson and her bunch of sadistic “teachers.”
(5)
I am very ugly and need to go into an ugly home.
(6)
I went to a party dressed as a stuffed olive.

In another part of the book, Georgia’s friend, Ellen, talks about being kissed at a Christmas party, and Ellen describes the kiss as, “A bit on the wet side, like a sort of warm jelly feeling.”
If you’re interested in this book, our school media center has the series. Trust me, they’re hysterical!!  Oh, and don't forget we have another book report this marking period!
Read on!
<3 Mrs. T...hompson

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I heard you giggle!!! I giggled to when I heard you giggle. Oh, by the way, you know Cirque Du Freak is WAY better than Twilight. Just to let you know, I DID try Twilight at the begining of the year and didnt like it. The most exciting thing Bella did was go to school...BORING!

Anonymous said...

haha this sounds awesome... if you will just read the cover you will laugh haha!!!!!you rock!!

-Ryan Moore

princess* said...

haha i like tha thing that say si have a 3 year old sister that may have peed in my room,lol,that so funny(: and one more thingg

who is corgii or whateverr


~diana<3

Mrs. T...hompson said...

Twilight~
There's an OBVIOUS difference between "trying" a book and FINISHING a book. If you only got to the Bella going to school part, then you didn't even *scratch* the surface. Live outside of your box!!
<3 Mrs. T...hompson

Mrs. T...hompson said...

Princess~
Corgii is Morgan Marsh in my homeroom. She came after Christmas, I think. She's an AWESOME artist, especially when drawing dogs!
<3 Mrs. T...hompson

princess* said...

ohh okay i didnt know!!
thanks!

~diana<3

Emolaylay said...

sounds awesome mrs t going to check it out morrow!
~E

Unknown said...

What surface is there to scratch?

Emily said...

Love this book so far! It makes me laugh :)
~E

Emily said...

the book made me laugh SOOO hard! although it's a bit....awkward (: