"Books are a uniquely portable magic." ~Stephen King

"Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book." ~Author Unknown

"In between the lines there's a lot of obscurity. I'm not inclined to resign to
maturity." ~The Friendly Indians



Friday, April 16, 2010

I just finished reading “Love, Stargirl” and I have to admit that I am oh so happy that no one was around to witness my reaction to the ending. Now, I’m not going to give any spoilers; all I’m going to say is that it made me cry horribly, I had a terrible case of a snotty nose, and NO TISSUES!! Luckily, I didn’t see anybody in the halls as I scrambled to the bathroom!! I use to think that Stargirl and I were extremely alike, but after reading this book, I realize that I still have many barriers to overcome, that I have to be even MORE open-minded, and that I have to live for today, today, today, and not fret about tomorrow. Like Cat Steven's song:
“Take your time,
 think a lot,
 Why, think of everything you’ve got,
 For you will still be here tomorrow,
 but your dreams may not.”
So, I need to post some extra credit, right? I mean, it’s been forever since I’ve done that! Alright, for extra credit, I need you to 1. In the comments section, tell me a little about someone, real or fictional, that has made a difference in your life and what they did that inspired you and 2. Bring in a box of tissues!
Rock the Reading!
<3 Mrs. T...hompson

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Adam Lambert has inspired me to show my GLAM side every day, and I do!! hahahahahaha

Mrs. T...hompson said...

Twilight~
Please enlighten me about this "GLAM" side that you speak of. Is this why you've become obsessed with "In Style" magazines?!? Just do me a favor and don't start wearing black eyeliner, ok?
<3 Mrs. T...hompson

Corgii said...

hey mrs. T.Hompson! (: i have a friend on the internet and he loves to draw. we chat alot and stuff, sometimes if i really cant think of what to draw or im feeling a little sad, he always helps me^^ apparently i helped him to. i met him on an art program, and once he told me he was going to stop drawing because he didnt think he was good and noone really came up to him and said "you draw good" i did of corse. lol i thought (and still think) that he draws amaing :D

luve you!
-Corgii

Anonymous said...

well,my grandma.the reason im so close to her is cause we look exactly alike when she was my age!she inspired me to dont waste your time doing things that you shouldnt be doing.and just HAVE FUN!because you dont have enough time on this earth to do the boring things.she has also inspired me to be creative,speak your mind and dont hold your feelings inside or one day they will just come out on someone you dont want them to be at.there is alot more of what she has inspired me about but this would be really long!so yeahhh.....

~diana<33

p.s-ill probably bring in the tissues uhhhh.....monday? or tuesday? i dunoo yet.

Anonymous said...

Jennie Fitch has inspired me to work hard in school and in sports to obtain my dream.
Hannah Templeton

Mrs. T...hompson said...

Twilight, Corgii, and Princess,
Don't forget the tissues if you want extra credit!!!

Unknown said...

Well, not exactly Mrs.T. My mom just subscribed to "Instyle" one day and she gives them to me, most of them have Adam in them (: haha

Anonymous said...

Mrs.Thompson,
I would have to say that my cousin keaton inspires me everyday!! he taught me how to follow my dreams at any point in my life even if im in a slump!!

-Ryan M.

asia the continet said...

well i would have to say alice from twilight she is always merry and cheerful so she has inspired me to be happy and merry and forgive and forget things

Asia the continent :) LoL

Mrs. T...hompson said...

Twilight~
You *still* haven't told me what your "Glam" side is, and I need tissues for extra credit!
<3 T...hompson

Mrs. T...hompson said...

Ryan and Asia the continent~
Don't forget the tissues to complete your extra credit!!
<3 T...hompson

Anonymous said...

My dad has really inspired me to do alot, so much its hard to name any. I love my dad :)
Megan Greene

princess. said...

okay mrs.thompson you can stop saying the tissue part now i think we all get it!

~diana<33

Mrs. T...hompson said...

Megan~
It warms my heart that your dad is your inspiration!! That's soooo sweet!!!
<3 Mrs. T...hompson

M&M said...

my dad has inspired me to go after my dream.

jordan!! said...

my inspiration is adam lambert because he inspired me to be myself and follow my dreams because thats just wat he did and he is his own person he doesnt care wat other people think so i belive in being my self so he is my inspiration!


~popcorn!!

p.s. wat if im not going 2 walmart any times soon for tissues???