"Books are a uniquely portable magic." ~Stephen King

"Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book." ~Author Unknown

"In between the lines there's a lot of obscurity. I'm not inclined to resign to
maturity." ~The Friendly Indians



Thursday, September 23, 2010

Time For An Update, Don'tcha Think?

Hi all. I know, I know…the blog has been quiet. I suppose that’s because we were reading Stormbreaker in homebase and I waiting for something interesting to write about. Well, wait no further!

I finally finished reading All The Lovely Bad Ones by Mary Downing Hahn. Talk about creeeepppy!! It’s about two middle school aged kids, Travis and Corey, who aren’t allowed to go back to their summer camp because they had caused so much trouble there in the past. They end up spending the summer at their grandmother’s house. Only, their grandmother doesn’t live in a house. She lives in an inn that has been featured in all of the ghost sighting magazines. Their grandmother has never seen a ghost and doesn’t believe in them. When Travis and Corey learn that people come to the inn to see ghosts, but leave disappointed, they decide to become the ghosts and scare the guests. Unfortunately, they wake up the dead and the inn becomes infested with the spirits of the dead that use to live on the property when it was a poor farm. All the lovely bad ones are the ghosts of the kids who use to live there, and do they know how to torture the living!! Then there’s the ghost of Miss Ada, the one who used to be in charge of the kids on the poor farm, and she’s *pure* evil! How are Travis and Corey going to put all of the ghosts to rest?

All the Lovely Bad Ones is absolutely bone chilling and the perfect ghost story for the month of October. However, it is definitely NOT for the weak of heart. This story gave me nightmares! If you’re interested in the book, we have it in our school media center. If it is already checked out, you should look into other Mary Downing Hahn ghost stories. She an award winning author, and I’m positive that her other ghost stories are just as scary! Read on, my lovely bad ones…if you dare!!
Mrs. T…hompson

7 comments:

Kaitlin said...

I love scary books and TV shows!! I watch Ghost Hunters every Wednesday night! (After I do my home work that is) I think that book would be perfect for me!

P.S. maybe Homebase should read that book for the month of October...

~Kaitlin~

Emily said...

Thanks Mrs T. Now I have to read something else :D

~Emolaylay

Unknown said...

This book seems really good Mrs.Bella!!!!
I know you know horror/suspence/thiller is my favorite genre.

Kaylini said...

I have read this book too!!! I loved it and it was so scary!!!!! I also had nightmares. The book was very good and I also recommend it!!! Such a good book!!!!! I had to change my blog!!! Its a crazy story but now its Life Written. I will give you the address in class!


K.C
Block 2
Its a girls life; Life written

Emily said...

It's not scary at all! :D I finished it today ^^ Definitely not scary to me. It was a good book, though! It really pulls the reader in (isn't that what we want?).

~Emolaylay

Emily said...

Mrs. T, I was wondering if you were still taking requests for your blog. You know, like last year, when we could just email them to you or post them here. I have one that I wrote and I really like it ^^ It made me feel all happy and fuzzy inside :D

~Emolaylay

Mrs. T...hompson said...

Absolutely, Emmy!!! Share with us...we want to be all happy and fuzzy inside too!!!
<3 Mrs. T...hompson
Larva Chu!!!