"Books are a uniquely portable magic." ~Stephen King

"Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book." ~Author Unknown

"In between the lines there's a lot of obscurity. I'm not inclined to resign to
maturity." ~The Friendly Indians



Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I just don't like it. Why? Because.

Since the school year is rapidly coming to a close, I thought this would be the appropriate time to throw a little extra credit your way. We’ve talked about your favorite books and genres. Let’s explore what you dislike with a passion. Tell me what is the worst book you’ve read and why it was horrible. Give this some thought and don’t write the lame review of, “I just didn’t like it”, “Because” (like in a plain “because”; you can use the word “because” if you’re explaining yourself.) “I don’t know…” I want solid details!! This assignment must be completed by Friday, May 21st. 
Until next time!
<3 Mrs. T…hompson

14 comments:

asia the continet said...

the worst book I have ever read was waiting for the rain. we read that in ms.davis class. i didnt relate to that book. it wasnt me the book was all about racism and hatred of one another and war between colors. it was so boring i dont know if it was me or the book was just lame. i am in to books with love and vampires or scary or suspense.

Anonymous said...

The worst book I've read would probably be...a photoshop book guide thing (not even good enough to remember the name or finish). It was an endless line of instructions! Try cramming that into your brain! I think if the author did something unusual like fun facts or cheat things then the reader would be more interested. The book was like a Social Studiesv book: information kids hate to learn! Although, I guess it could be helpful with photoshop skills...I might try to read it again sometime!
~Emolaylay

Mrs. T...hompson said...

I seriously *just* posted. Do you guys LIVE on the computer? Just wondering...

Sanana said...

the worst book i have ever read was probely like ASIA said waiting for the rain because it was not me and we had to read it (i kinda slept through it so i am stdying my notes so if we have a test i will pass) ut like i said it was not me and i could not get into it so i did not understand it and yes MRS.THOMPSON I LIVE ON THE COMPUTER!!!


is this good if not lemme know and i will post again!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

actually it is possible for a 14 year old boy to beat up a grown man...i've beaten up two and i'm a girl...they asked for it though, no cereally they did
~Emolaylay

Anonymous said...

dear mrs.thompson do u like hate me or something cuase u like always punish me for stupid stuff for no reson and can i please get extra for all the eog practice stuff i will even bring it in to u please i need all the credit i can possibly get please please please please love blank

Anonymous said...

the worst book ever was the lightning theif because i couldnt get throught the first 10 pages it was so confusing....... horrible book!

-Ryan Moore

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

ryan i LOVE lightning thief!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

MRSSSSS TTTTTTT!!!! EOGS ARE OOOVVVERRRR! YAAAAYYYYYYZZZZ! :D :D :D I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU (: FOR BEING THERE FOR ALL OF US WHEN WE NEEDED IT AND FOR PREPPING US BY GIVING US THE SKILLS WE NEED! EMOLAYLAY LARVAS CHU FOREVERRRR!

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Anonymous said...

Mrs T, the school year is not rapidly closing....it's over. Shannon said her blogging days are over ):
~E

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emily said...

LOL I love your new pic btw ^^ Katie was always my favorite :D